Long Run #24 : Not the Weston Creek Half Marathon

Woke late this morning and jogged down to the Weston Creek Half Marathon course at around the 2km mark (4km from my home). I needed many stops and starts to get going with some referred pain from my back and hamstring running down to my left ankle. This niggle a result of all the hard racing last weekend. It wasn't long before I saw the leaders returning home and then some friends (KT the first, 3rd female). I said hello to all of them. I ran out just over 10km from home and turned around...my not half marathon.

My splits got progressively quicker from 5:40/km down to 3:40/km on the return home. The final 4km up the hill was very slow into the wind. Well done to all who took out placings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024