Long Run #25

Reduced my long run day by one third as it is during my taper week. No loosener in the afternoon as usual and an out and back 20km down to, by the lake, and back up the mountain.

Looking back it has been an unusual summer. No track available for a couple of months which coincided with my broken ribs. Just prior to that I was in great shape but failed to make the start line in Melbourne for the Victorian 5km and Zatopek Lower Grades 10km due to the ribs...that was a major disappointment and a lost opportunity. Since then I only allowed myself one week easy during which I ran a 9:29 3000m in good conditions and a very hot 10000m in 33:59. It has all been for the marathon this summer.

Next weekend I should be fresh and ready to run well. I am hoping it is good conditions for my first race the 10000m so I can have a real crack at a time. The cross country doesn't matter, it's only about putting my body in front of as many of the others I can and should be an ''all in'' race. The 5000m I only have as much energy as I have not used up in the 10000m...I may be looking for help to get me through the laps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024