ACT Masters Athletics : 3000m

The cold and windy weather during the week continued for opening track meet. On the cool side at 14 degrees with wind gusting to 40kph increasing the chill. The times were always going to be on the slow side.

Results: Me 10:06, Steve 10:09 (even paced 3:20/km, slowed slightly in 2nd half) ; Keith 10:37 (3:18,3:42,3:35); Emma 12:27 ; Helen 13:15 (4:17,??) ; Kathy 13:32

Of me: I had two niggles from the Tuesday track session. First a right calf spasm, second a right groin strain...both due to training in the cold and wind and even after warming up for 45 minutes. On Wednesday I ran long in the Arboretum for 95 minutes. The groin flared up on the last 45 minutes and had to run slow. The calf was fine. At track I didn't do any strides in the warm up and ran 2-3 laps slow in the 3000m to get the body warmed up and ensure the groin wasn't a problem. I did one faster effort of 150m to go from 4th into the lead to be rabbit for Steve. The niggles should be cleared up by Saturday to let me do a full set. No further damage done at track.

Next week at track will be a 1500m handicap race and the following week the One Hour run. No real races for me until November.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024