Long Run incl 10 x 80m power hills : Weston Creek Fun Run

Long run this morning down to the lake and towards work on bike path. Loads of bikes out there. I had in mind to do some hills on a short and steep little climb (where I first realised my ankle was super dodgy four years ago). There were too many bikes so I used the road along side...same gradient but no bikes or cars. In the end a continuous 90 minutes with 10 x 80 metre power hills. Started at 13 seconds and was down to 11 seconds by the end of the set, almost flat out.

Steve did Weston Creek Fun Run today. 3rd place in 21:46, an accurate 6km. Adrian Kennett 2nd passed Steve with 500m to go. Young Joshua too quick for most in the ACT these days the winner. I usually do it for the great spot prizes but not today. It is a slow course, all up for 2km and with some sharp dead turns on concrete at 90 degree right angles. The last kilometre again all up to finish.

Of me: Track this week. A handicap 1500m on Thursday with the possibility of a 3000m / 5000m at 8pm in nice conditions for running. A shame I have to do the 1500m really but there is a huge silver pot up for grabs in the 3 race series (800m, 1500m, 3000m). Kathy is my biggest rival aged 60+ and running really well. As her mentor I will get her to do the same set as me on Monday or Tuesday. I'm not confident over 1500m now so the set will be 1000m, 300m, 200m on short break of 30 seconds. If I can get through 1000m under 3:00 I will be a little more confident. I have to give Kathy 75 seconds head start. Kathy will run the entire race in lane 1. I will have to run around 4:40 mostly in lane 2. If I get through the 1500m without burning too much petrol I will run a late 3000m / 5000m as well. Glorified training session #2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024