Goulburn Fun Run 10km

Results
1. 33:10 Marty Dent
2. 33:58 Philo Saunders
3. 34:54 Brad White
4. 35:56 Cameron Roberts
5. 35:58 Me
6. 36:02 Reece Edwards
7. 36:18 Stuey Doyle
8. 36:58 Jon Moore
11. 38:24 Kasey Mumby
12. 38:47 Leanne Pompeani
14. 40:53 Sarah McCrae

Almost every terrain type possible (grass,bike path, road, loose gravel,long wooden bridge,200+rocky steps,steep ascents and descents). Like me, most of the field would have done something hard on the Saturday. Those who didn't were a little more frisky than others.

Of me: On my maximum threshold from the gun and in around 10th place after the 1km grass section. The huge climb to the Rocky Hill tower was ugly for me. I was 7th at the bottom (3.5km) and 8th at the top. Stuey Doyle (M40+) almost caught me meaning I had to work super hard for the rest of the race to keep him at bay. I moved into 4th place on the descent and dragged three young athletes around the latter stages in order to maintain that small gap I had on Stuey. I was able to drop everyone except young Cameron in the last 2km. 4th-7th separated by 22 seconds in the end.

Once again I was strong in the second half of the race, especially mentally. Very pleased after 20km and a huge set yesterday on track. You can see how tough the course was by the times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.