Competition Period 1 2014/2015 Updated

At last some more details so I can fix dates and goals for the end 2014.

Zatopek Lower grades 10000m in Melbourne December 4. That fits in nicely with a 3000m/5000m the week prior and the same the following two weeks...so I get a run at building some race form on four consecutive Thursday evenings in late-November/December, all at around 8pm. The first two weeks should be minimal lapping people and hopefully some competition, the last two weeks I can only hope for the best but solo. Lock it in.

Working backwards from there I have City2Sea 14km in Melbourne mid-November, One Hour track Canberra late October...neither will require much taper so I can train with purpose in between.

End result would be a year (2014) best in 3000m, 5000m, 10000m, a pseudo City2Surf time with no hills (failed in August) and either a test 10000m or PB One Hour on track. Let's hope I break no ribs like last year.

Today was a long recovery run 75 mins and a short recovery run 25 mins. Tomorrow I have a day off work (4 day break). If I am not sore from the weekend I will get to the track at 3.30pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024

Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 3rd in 18:06 : Steve 4 x 500m