Bruce Ridge : 5 x 3 minute intervals

A few out this morning but with ACT Masters XC handicap tomorrow I was the only person giving 100% (although some went through the motions). The set: Long 6km warm up, 5 x 3 minute intervals on the undulating bush fire trails to the gate and back with 30 second recovery between efforts, warm down. I will do another run this afternoon to make up 20km for the day.

Tomorrow the short 5km xc handicap for me. It is all up at the start, basically flat to the turn and back, downhill finish. It could be windy and warm to hot. My last handicap xc for the year so I will give 100% again, see if I can get my age standard% into the 90s again.

As of Monday I will begin to ease off the volume, currently over 130km for the week, down to a level around 100km or so. I will begin my racing block with the One Hour on track this Thursday, hoping to improve on my last two efforts again. From there on it will be racing every week 100% until I am either satisfied with the results for 2014 or injured (let's hope not). 3000m, 5000m and 10000m year bests would be good. I also run the 15km City2Sea in Melbourne mid-November. In between there will be some targeted sessions to keep me on the improve. The races will determine what those are.

Steve has been otherwise occupied this week. He has managed to keep shape with some short lactate intervals and 5 x 3 minute efforts. Jane has resumed exercise again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024