BBQ 6km : 6,5,5,5 mins interval efforts

Only my 3rd BBQ run, my first as intervals and having to find the route for myself. This loop will be a regular, maybe twice a month, until I leave for Europe in late July. Almost always I will run as intervals. On 1 or 2 special days I'll go all out to post a time. It's a variety of surfaces with concrete (yuck), bitumen and plenty of dirt and hills (yum).

Today 6,5,5,5 minute efforts with 30 seconds float recovery. I got lost on the final 5 minute effort and also in a couple of spots. I had to do from memory as I ran out of people before half way. The run is a handicap. My handicap will be reset for next run so finding the route won't be so hard, as will cutting all the legal corners. Today 23:07...that's a fail. 22 mins is pass, 21 mins is credit, 20 mins is distinction for me (adjust for intervals). There were plenty out there I knew but only one other I help. Helen ran 27:44 by intervals (similar to me, longer recovery). Without intervals and flat out PB is low 25 mins. That's a credit for Helen adjusted for intervals and quicker than last week which was quicker than the week before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024