Stromlo 3 x 2000m

Very wet yesterday made for a wet Stromlo this morning. It was still drizzling on the warm up but stopped mid-session. Just Steve and myself today. Everyone still in Europe or on the coast. Also at Stromlo KT and girls doing own thing.

The set: 2500m warm up, 4 x 100m, 3 x 2000m with 150-200m jog recovery, 2500m warm down. Splits: Steve all around 7:15 +/- a second or two. Me 7:01, 6:56, 6:58. Both of us at maximum threshold without going lactic.

It took me until June last year until I got to this level having not recovered from Marathon de Paris. As I recall I was chasing Steve for a long while. We were both solid today. Next week will be 4 x 2000m.

This afternoon an easy recovery jog and some stretching. Tmoz a long recovery run. Still around 130km for the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024