Long Runs ; French Training Overview

Last two days just long recovery runs of 90 minutes each, mostly on soft surfaces at comfortable pace, not too slow.

Tomorrow evening I'll be in Annecy, the same French town by the lake I spent my taper week before World Masters Athletics Championships. I'll get two runs in (evening and following morning)along the lake and through the markets before making the drive to camp Mont Ventoux where I'll spend 5 nights car camping.

There is some grass around so I may get some hills strides in. Mostly it will be longer runs and 50% up and 50% down. Training will be dictated by terrain and weather. It's always better to run in the morning before the heat and wind make life difficult. Somehow I'll fit in the weekly 5000m paced session. Volume won't be a problem. I'm on track for 130km/week average in July.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024