Pennington 16km & Longstaff 8km XC

I had a lie in this morning ensuring I didn't make the start of the XC races at 8am. It was minus 2.8 degrees when the gun went off and a big frost covered the grass. I was only a minute late so jogged, took photo and video, cheered everyone on. My long time friend Jase won the 16km. Kathy barely got warm in the 8km. I'm glad I didn't run.

After a coffee and brunch I returned to Stromlo to complete 19km for the day including 4 x 100m strides, 3 x 1000m mostly into a strong wind (3:16, 3:15, 3:14).

Long run tomorrow. Next set Monday with 6,5,4,3,2,1 minute efforts starting at 10km pace and increasing pace on last three efforts, again at Stromlo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024