Australian Masters Athletics Championships Darwin : 1500m M55 1st

All 1500m events under lights this evening. This is the event I've been training for over the last couple of months. The wind died down to a slight breeze, the air cooled a little, perfect for running. I made the most of an opportunity to run my race from the front. In doing so I finished ahead of 1st and 2nd in the 800m last night.

1st Me 4:39.56 ; 2nd Richard McMahon 4:40.25 ; 3rd John Jago 4:44.13

Pace was fast enough for me not to have to lead from the gun. It took me 500m to get to the front, gap the field and run a controlled kick down never letting anyone back onto my heels, full gas from the top of the straight. Almost an exact replica of my 1500m race in World Masters Games Auckland. I'm loving the close racing.

Earlier Kathy won W65 1500m, Alison 3rd in W30 1500m. Roger ran in my race. Jeff ran in M50. Ann and Jo ran as well.

A short turnaround to 5000m tomorrow morning. We are running with M50 in that event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024