Stromlo XC 2000m Hill Loop 6:27

A day of three runs. Morning 6km easy. Lunch 4km with 4 x 200m strides. After work at Stromlo 6km. With short days and having to work it's hard to fit it all in.

Stromlo was cold 6 degrees and windy. 2.7km warm up, 4 x 100m strides, 2000m Malaga hill loop in 6:27 (first 500m and last 500m toughest hills on the circuit). A PB on the loop by 2 seconds. I know I can ran under 6:20 based on the conditions. I'm looking forward to getting in a sustained period of base training at Stromlo and on track. Not until after Gold Coast Half Marathon this weekend and 3 weeks in France almost straight after that.

I'm down to 128km last 7 days. I can get it down to 97km with two 5km jogs before the Gold Coast Half Marathon. That might be enough to get through it in OK shape.

I'm still missing my little dog and will for years to come. Minnie and I make a toast to her every night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024