Bella Border Collie RIP ; ACT Masters XC Handicap Mt Ainslie 9.3km

Bella the Border Collie passed away last night. She was my best friend and former training partner. No sleep last night caring for her and seeing she had a peaceful end to a beautiful life.

This morning ACT Masters XC handicap on I think our toughest course. Mostly undulating fire trail and single track with a long brute of a climb near the end that has most people walking. Last kilometre is all down hill and very fast. It seemed to be a headwind all the way but that can't be as it is a loop. I started way last as usual, passed all but 11 starters with a time 34:16. I felt as if I was flying but I never got airborne. Minnie placed 17th across the line, also having zero sleep last night as we cared for Bella. We stopped off at Tilleys Devine Cafe on the way home and unloaded some more emotion. Bella, Minnie and I shared many coffees there.

On Tuesday or Wednesday my next set on grass, 2 x 2000m hill loops. Two day taper on Friday and Saturday before Gold Coast Half Marathon. Minnie runs the 10km on Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024