Stromlo XC Circuit : Malaga 2000m Loop 6:54

This afternoon at Stromlo XC circuit I tested a loop I'll use over the next year or so in preparation for the World Masters Athletics Championships in Malaga Spain. I'm calling it the Malaga loop.

I stripped away 500m of flat terrain, replaced it with the two biggest hills on the circuits and moved the finish to best replicate what the XC course in Malaga will throw up and in the right sequence or close to it. It starts and finishes with 200m mostly flat before some testing climbs and steep to flowing descents. I'll put it on the garmin to get a better idea of the distance but I think it's close. I'll put it on video soon as well.

The set: 13km warm up, 5 x 100m strides, 2000m on hilly circuit with 200m flat finish after a long 300m climb. Splits: 750m 2:40 (includes steepest hill 10%+ gradient),1800m 6:15, 2000m 6:54. I should be able to run 6:30 or so on it full gas. I'll aim to do a set of 4 efforts with 500m jog recovery in under 7 minutes in this base training block. I'll try that set out on Saturday. Today 18km all up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024