Keith in Bemboka : 5 x 600m ; Mo & Ben

Keith in Bemboka 3km warm up, 5 x 120m strides (23-24), 5 x 600m (3:31-3:34) on undulating gravel road. Afternoon run of 8km in icy rain...very brave.

A lazy 16km for me today. That leaves 2 x 5km day plus some strides before Australian Masters Athletics Championships.

Circa 1980. Fred once said: çoach what this week? Coach: 25 x 400m in 75 seconds. Following week Fred said: coach what do I do this week? Coach: 12 x 800m in 2:30 (true story). Not something I would do as a masters but for some younger than me? I watched Ben do an 800m set at my local track. I repeated a shortened version and some quick times followed. Just one of my lessons in running that continues at the right time of the year when I need to go there.

Ben True:



Mo Farah:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024