Parkrun France VS Tour de France 2017

Now the detailed route maps are up for Tour de France 2017 I can say Parkrun le Ramee (Blagnac) and Parkrun Chateau de Pierre de Bresse are on the agenda. I've never run the same Parkrun course twice so the journey continues. Parkrun France hasn't taken off as yet. 20+ participants and mostly Brit ex-pat or tourists is the norm. On the plus it's two chances to have a hitout in a country I've visited every July to see Tour de France for the last 10 years.

Parkrun le Ramee stats at 9am only 13km from the start of Tour de France Stage 14 Blagnac to Rodez. It's likely I'll run Parkrun and visit the TDF depart in Blagnac and watch the TDF finish in Rodez as a motorway (peage) almost connects the two (I've done this before).

Stage 19 TDF starts in Embrun and goes to Salon-de-Provence (Marseille). I'll see the start of TDF in Embrun, head to Beaune (very close to Stage 7 finish in Nuits-Saint-Georges) in time to watch the stage finish on TV in the motel. Next day is Parkrun Chateau de Pierre de Bresse a short drive away. Both Parkrun are multiple laps of a park or chateau.

This evening begins Criterium du Dauphine, probably my favourite cycling race along with Tour de Romandie or Tour de Suisse...so easy to get up close to the riders in the prelude races to TDF as I did in 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024