Big Running Picture 2019-2022

Let's start with yesterday, a 2 hour+ mountain trail run that took in the three biggest peaks near home with a surprise Rev Head encounter of many cars leaking not normal fuel out of their exhaust pipes up Black Mountain 800m+asl at illegal pace. Not good for the lungs running downhill in opposite direction.

Remainder 2019: Not much on, saving pennies for better things. Canberra Times 10km Fun Run, an icon since the 1980s on in November, died and born again thankfully. Track with ACT Masters October to March working on 5000m-10000m pace.


2020: Marathon de Paris I am running in April (no Australian Masters Athletics Championships nor Tour de France cycling:-(, sorry! I don't care about the result, my heart would be broken if I didn't spend some time in France, I am thinking post marathon South West near Spanish border as a reward. Also I am committed to World Masters Athletics Championships in Toronto, Canada in July. I am well into logistics having booked flights and hotels. Only 8000m XC (main event), 5000m track, 10km road race to finish off the program. No 1500m sorry :-(. Program not happy.

2021: Another non-year as I had this year. Scandinavia is the theme. Tour de France starts in Copenhagen, Denmark. World Masters Athletics Championships in Gothenburg in 2022. I will do some recon in Gothenburg on the XC circuit and travel to some places both past and new up north to the Arctic Circle before it becomes the tropics.

2022: World Masters Athletics Championships in Gothenburg. I will be in new age group, new challenges and friends.

Today 18km including hills again. I am building muscle mass while I have the chance. Much of the same tomorrow including some short XC efforts. Wednesday 6km threshold run at BBQ Stakes XC, I should be quicker than last week, possibly sub-22 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024