Stromlo XC Intervals 3 x 1000m ; Steve Parkrun 18:07 3rd

We are back to winter here with cold gale force winds, rain overnight and snow on the surrounding hills. I was at Stromlo with Jen to do 3 x 1000m XC intervals. In the cold I ran in tights and two fleece tops, gloves and thermal hat. Jen ran 4:20-4:40/km. My splits: 3:15,3:14,3:09. Early splits similar speed to the Thursday 600m set. I found something extra on the final effort when I was fully warmed up. 12km in the morning set, 8km in the afternoon with Milli the Border Collie. Long run tomorrow.

Steve ran at Parkrun Gungahlin finishing in 3rd place and setting a new M50 age record. Conditions were similar to here...cold and windy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024