Road to World Masters Athletics Championships Toronto 2020 : More logistics Finalised, Training Plan to Come

This afternoon 17km including 7km with Milli the Border Collie. The weather is getting warmer, daylight savings begins this weekend which leads into a long, hot summer. 127km last 7 days and beginning week 6 of the base building block. I'm due for an easy week followed by some specific track training and setting some race goals.

I just watched the entire Berlin Marathon on screen. Feeling inspired even though Marathon de Paris is still six months away. I won't start training for that until late December.

I have confirmed my hotel for World Masters Athletics Championships in Toronto Canada, July 2020. It is across the road from XC venue and also possibly 10km road (tbc). I'll have an 11 day taper camp prior to the WMA Championships on the XC course.

I looked at European Masters Athletics Championships results from last week also to keep an eye on competitors form. With the schedule as it stands my races for Toronto WMA will be 8000m XC 20 July, 5000m track 22 July, 10km road 26 July. I will start training for that in early May 2020. XC will be my main event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024