Stromlo XC 17km Recovery Run

I slept in this morning, forgot to set alarm. In the afternoon there was thunder, lightning, hail and torrential rain. I had to wait until the storms passed before heading out for a 17km run on the grass. Air quality moderate, no face mask needed. I am hoping the rain put out some fires and the smoke diminishes in coming days. More rain expected.

For a while today I thought the left calf was completely healed. It stiffened up during the day. In the run it was a little sore. I was running around 4:40/km, 20sec/km faster than previous days. I'm back up to full training volume, just have to wait until it's healed enough to run a faster tempo and then long intervals. It will happen gradually, no set date.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024