World XC Championships Trials

Arranged a session out at Stromlo before I remembered the trials were on. Watched Birmingham and Shelley fight it out before doing some pacing and strides with ks. Warmed up on the xc circuit watching the women's race, Tamsett leading, then 3x2-3min on, 2 min off out on the mtb trails. Starting to get hot and sticky after last nights thunderstorms.

Finished the session in time to do the support 5km XC race. Tiny field, I had a proper race on my hands. My friend took off quick and then sat right on my tempo, swapping off the lead. I surged on the parts of the course that suit me. First lap 8:07. Had to survive one big effort of 500m by my friend before I got to my part of the course again, put in my big effort. Built up 150m lead in the next km before I could switch off and relax a little. Second lap 8:17=16:24.

Now to sit in a chair and watch the final stage of the Tour Down Under on the box. Should be enthralling. Will Cam Meyer and Garmin Cervelo be able to control the race and hold off the sprinters?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024