World Masters Athletics Championships 2018 : Taper Day 9 : Moving Day Run 5km

Very early morning run from Zurich...pitch black in fact. I spent a couple of nights here in 2015 so knew my way around. The run was only 25 minutes but took the pressure off the rest of the day. I still know the legs are moving.

Travel days for me are always tiring. Nothing is routine. Standing in lines is the worst of experiences. I am sorted now. In hotel, air con works nicely as does TV. I have completed registration, confirmations and travel pass. Tomorrow will almost be a complete rest day. Just another 5km jog in the morning.

In both Lyon and Perth I went over the cross country course the day before. It's not convenient from here so I'll save that until race day since I don't start until after noon. It's probably an hour of travel each way all up...very tiring again.

6km for the day, I did a small jog to and from registration, 90km last 7 days but feels like 120km. I'm sure I'll be feeling bouncy on race day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024