Parkrun Bois de Boulogne 16:59 3rd ; Steve 5 x 3minute XC Intervals

Parkrun Bois de Boulogne this morning. Weather perfect, sunny, cool to warm, no wind. I felt good on warm up to start. Plan was to get some more data on shoes and starting too fast which is how World Masters Athletics Championships will be run.

Shoes: I went back to pair I wore in first Parkrun here in 17:22. I had help with the pace from a teenager after the first 1500m (before he eased away) and also Gwenael who was having another all time PB run taking 30 seconds off his PB today. Result was 16:59, identical to last week, 3rd place. 1st Oliver Pulin M20-24 16:23, 2nd Gwenael Blanck M30-34 16:54

Splits: 3:19,3:20,3:32,3:20,3:27. Splits from last week: 3:23,3:23,3:29,3:17,3:26. Splits from last fortnight: 3:33,3:30,3:29,3:18,3:30.

Splits show too fast a start resulted in slight fade out over last 3km but not to overall time. It hurt more though! Starting 2-3 seconds slower in first 300m at World Masters Athletics Championships would probably result in a faster time over 8km is my feeling.

Shoes felt loose with no added grip. I brought four pair of racing shoes here. My fastest shoes used here are those I wore last week in Parkrun and on track in the faster sessions. I'll use those shoes on track and in the XC, maybe not in the road races.

All up 15km today, 107km last 7 days. No more sets before World Masters Athletics Championships begin in four days. Just strides and easy running on much reduced volume, especially in the last two days of taper. Tomorrow morning an easy recovery run of 60 minutes before I leave Paris.

It's been a great experience living and training in Paris. Lovely people even though most of the Parkrunners are transient. I will be here again in 2019 having booked my flights a few weeks ago, next time for 10 weeks. I could see myself repeating the same experience in 2019 just before I return home and in preparation for City2Surf.

This morning at Stromlo XC circuit Steve ran 5 x 3 minute efforts on undulating grass. Splits: 3:22/km,3:32,3:42,3:20,3:40.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024