Rest Day Ponderings : 2019 and Beyond

Too much time on my hands today as I chill out and watch the Vuelta on TV enter Andorra for a mountain top finish. I haven't even run yet, after the Vuelta finishes.

Track season starts in four weeks and lasts seven months. A little crazy it lasts that long. It finishes with Australian Masters Athletics Championships in late April in Melbourne. That's what I'll be working towards again.

A few changes this year in our club. They have deleted the Geoff Moore 3000m series which ran out of space on the trophy. Also the Pennington series 1500m race 1 at 6pm clashes with the One Hour Track Run at 730pm which I always do. This frees me up in a good way. 6pm races are always in hot and windy conditions. 8pm events are in the best conditions on dusk and cooling conditions, lighter winds often. So this season I will go straight to the later events and skip the horrible conditions early.

Second change is that I will be spending 10 weeks in France in 2019, leaving two weeks after the Australian Masters Athletics Championships. I will return two weeks before City2Surf 14km. No races in France except Parkruns. I will get on the track for two weeks just before I come home. I'll get to run lots of mountains and other nice places. I'll get to watch some cycling one week races including Criterium du Dauphine. I may even take my road bike over again. I will be living in a Renault Kangoo again for most of it.

Third change is I will retire from work in 2019 date to be determined.

Next World Masters Athletics Championships is in Toronto Canada in 2020. I may or may not skip that one. If I do go I won't enter so many events. I will definitely attend World Masters Athletics Championships in Gothenberg in 2022 if fit and able. I will have just entered the M60 category.

Comments

Jennie K said…
You have indeed been pondering 🤔

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024