Road to World Masters Athletics Championships Toronto 2020

First step taken today towards committing to the World Masters Athletics Championships in Toronto Canada 2020. I've booked accommodation for the race period. I've also committed to running Marathon de Paris in 2020 (for fun). It will be a different build up and mean I will be skipping Australian Masters Athletics Championships in 2020 (clash with Marathon de Paris).

I'll prepare a rough outline of training over the next few weeks. The training with be built around races 800m (not racing this at WMA) to 5000m and my best event the 8000m cross country. I'll need to see entries open and a rough schedule from the organisers before I go too far. Plenty of detail up on their website for a year now.

Since I have five weeks off with access to some great training locations and weather I'll make the most of it and guinea pig my body, tweak the sessions if necessary. At the end of this stay in France I'll have three Parkruns in Paris then one XC race in Canberra and 14km City2Surf road race as a first test.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024