Saint Malo Day 1 : Longish Run 18km

A couple of flights and a TGV train journey took me to the beachside town of Saint Malo. I'm here for almost 2 weeks. Most of my runs will be done on the beach at low tide. I was last here in 2013 (2 nights, day after Gold Coast Half marathon, for Tour de France stage) and 2015 (6 nights, a week after World Masters Athletics Championships in Lyon).

The run today a mix of beach and bike path, a steady 18km for the day. I had some foot swelling from the flights. I was cautious with that and felt good during the run and some hours later the swelling had gone.

Tomorrow my first set on the beach including strides, stretching and some shorter intervals to get things moving again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024