Saint Malo Day 5 : 20km incl 4 x 800m beach intervals, 1:30 recovery

Very early morning run, just on dawn. Tide was still going out, as a warm up I ran 10km to the east on bike path and off road to Point de la Varde (littered with WWII relics). It was somewhere I didn't quite explore in 2013 but did spend lots of time at the beach. On my loop back the tide still wasn't out enough to provide a firm surface, I started the set anyway with saturated shoes and uncertain foot plants in boggy sand. From my hotel window as I type this it looks perfect...too late now :-)

The set: 10km warm up, 4 x 100m strides, 4 x 800m efforts with 1:30 jog recovery, long warm down. Splits: 2:49,2:28,2:43,2:45. All up 20km for the morning. A very tough set.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024