Saint Malo Day 6 : 18km incl 4 x 800m beach intervals ; ACT Masters 8km XC Championships

Almost deja vu of yesterday except the foghorns sounding from ships in a sea I couldn't see...pea souper. Up early again, similar circuit to yesterday except pushed the end finding new trails, views, things! It would have been even more impressive if I could see them.

The set: 10km warm up, 4 x 100m strides, 4 x 800m beach intervals with 1:30 jog recovery, warm down. All up 18km for the day and another set done. Splits: 2:47,2:47,2:46,2:46. Again running a set with wet shoes on soft wet sand. I was working very hard. High tide will come later by an hour again tmoz. I'll have to shift my routine about.

My friends from ACT Masters Athletics had their 8km XC championships at Stromlo this morning. Weather was ideal around 15 degrees which is warm for late June. Steve M50, Leanne W45, Gabe W55 all won their age. Fastest was Ken Gibson M35.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024