Saint Malo Day 7 : 22km incl 4 x 600m beach intervals

Cloudy, windy morning at full tide. I split the day into two sessions. First 100 minutes run along the coast, lots of single track. Second set at noon on dead low tide a set of 4 x 600m intervals on the beach. Some drizzle and no sun made the sand not dry out as much as it often does. Slow going.

Splits: 3:19/km,3:11,3:10,3:11. If I wait until the sand hardens up more I can shave another 10 seconds/km off. I'm happy running at this level now. It took one week to get here. 124km this week.

The long run took me to the east again plus an additional section I'd never been to. More beaches. I popped out onto the road between Cancale and Saint Malo at Le Rotheneuf. It's one of those towns I drove through in 2013 without stopping and thought 'WOW'. I had a picture in my head all these years, now I have some pictures to save for when my memory fades.

Comments

Jennie K said…
Nice pics! Who’s grave?
The cross is on Pointe du Christ. It is related to the work of a hermit (Abbé Fouré or Father Fouré) who had a mission and carved into the rocks near Rotheneuf in the 1890s. Not many of the carvings remain. There is a museum dedicated to preserving his work. I'll put more photos up, some zooms. The cross is dated 1951. The plaque is from the The Association of Friends of the Abbot Fouré's work, very recent. There is a carving near the plaque.

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024