Diary of a Mini Taper Day 2

Morning run of 11km including 5 x 100m strides at Stromlo XC circuits. I've pulled back the daily volume by 30% for a couple of days, maintained some intensity and hope I feel a little fresher on Saturday without losing fitness. It normally takes a minumum of 10 days to do a full taper until I would hit a peak for a major event. This is the middle of a 6 month training block, I don't need to be in great form yet. I won't know how I'll feel until Saturday afternoon in the 10km road race. I hope it's better than the same race in 2020 when I was horrible in the second half or the run. Yesterday I had a fatigued feeling but OK once I did my 100m strides. Today was a similar feeling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024