Stromlo XC Intervals 17km incl 7 x 500m, 500m recovery

Afternoon 17km run at Stromlo XC circuits including 7 x 500m with 500m recovery. Pace started very slow at 3:58/km working down to 2:58/km. It took a long time to warm up in cold, windy conditions. Tour de France has a rest day which means I will get a full night's sleep. Last evening the course retraced similar route to 2009 when it left from Perpignan to Andorre. I watched the race pass by in Perpignan at a McDonalds before driving for almost 4 hours to El Serrat in Andorre. Over the next week I ran 130km on mountain roads and trails altitudes over 2000m asl. I had one of my faster City2Surf Fun runs a few weeks later back in Australia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024