Rib Cartilage Issue ; 17km Recovery Run : Keith Makes His Own XC Course

I started the day popping a rib cartilage while stirring my morning coffee! Very painful and also funny. Luckily it is not near my lungs which makes it very painful just to breathe (I've done it once pulling a jumper over my head, also early in the morning). I spent some hours resting motionless until the pain receded. I was able to run OK. Weather was windy with sideways drizzle. I ran mostly on bike path, last part on grass at Stromlo XC circuits. The course is saturated in places from weekend rain. If I am OK I'll attempt a session tomorrow, not if there is any sign of pain. Today is the end of week 14 in this base building block, 112km for the week. I had low volume days on Friday and Saturday.
Today Keith made his own XC course. Looks good with a 1.3km loop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024