Long Run 20km : Training Cycle Update

Very windy today, not great running weather until this system moves away tonight. I tried running on the beach but gave up and found some shelter 200 metres inland. On Monday starts another week of training with a 5000m focus. Short intervals on Monday, long intervals or maximum threshold run on Wednesday or Thursday, Parkrun on Saturday. I'll be aiming again to take 10 seconds or so off my time run yesterday. I am 21 weeks into the training cycle leading up to Australian Masters Athletics Championships to be held in early March 2023. My training cycle for this years Championships was 47 weeks. I'm not even half way yet in this cycle. Race program for me is expected to be 10000m, 1500m, 5000m and 8000m XC over four days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024