Parkrun Batemans Bay 2nd 18:12 : Steve 500m Intervals

Lots of rain overnight with storms at times, I wasn't sure the run would be on. As it turned out the weather cleared just before start and late just in time arrivals swelled the numbers. I couldn't get warmed up properly despite being an hour early. I found fellow masters runner Shane from Victoria and we had a chat for a bit. Jamie from Victoria was also there, another runner I'd crossed paths with during my decade in Melbourne. I did warm up enough in that time of chatting to get moving ok. Matt had cleared off running 16:45, a recent PB on the course in his 50th Parkrun, congratulations. My Splits(500m)1:49,1:54,1:57,1:44,1:44,1:46,1:45,1:47,1:47,1:45=18:12. After the event a 6km run with Milli the Border Collie to the beach and back at dead low tide. I found some creeping saltbush berries. Sweet to start on the palate with a grassy finish. I am volunteering as marshall next week. This week will be an opportunity to train hard with high volume. I will most likely run a maximum threshold run mid-week to compensate for not Parkrunning. Steve ran a set of 500m intervals in Canberra at near flat out pace, a sign his calf niggle is gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024