Grey Day Long Beaches Run 20km : Training and Racing Update

Morning 20km run down to the beaches and back through the uninhabited golf course. Grey skies, some drizzle, lovely weather for running.
Training Update: With less than 15 weeks until I resume track racing it's time to get more specific in the sessions I run and how to maintain high weekly volume until it's time to taper. First competition is expected to be in the first week of February with an 800m, 1500m and 5000m on track over 3 days. One month later at Australian Masters Athletics Championships competition schedule for me will be 10000m, 1500m, 5000m on track with 8000m XC on the 4th and final day. I'm into my 2nd week of high volume training since my last fortnight at work (now retired again) caused interuptions and my form went off the boil. I wasn't coping with the volume this week. That usually comes for me after around 6 weeks of high volume running. I'm still a month off great shape again. Last 2 weeks average was over 126km/week with a high of 130km+/week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024