Parkrun Panboola Wetlands 1st 17:26 in Nike Vaporfly 3

Perfect morning for running at Panboola Wetlands, cool, sunny, a light breeze. 1st in 17:26. Splits(500m)1:44,1:41,1:40,1:39,1:41,(dead turn,1:46),1:46,1:49,1:47,1:44.  Having not done my key session (Parkrun) a week ago I suffered in the 2nd half today. Aside from the 1st 500m the first half was encouraging in holding 3:20/km to the turn. I warmed up in the Nike Vaporfly 2 and raced Parkrun in the Vaporfly 3. Despite the sandy surface no grit got inside the very breathable upper. There was minimal wear on the shoe. It felt faster but wasn't judging by the splits. Being winter build up mode I was sitting on 122km for the week, a volume I've held since March, just after Australian Masters Athletics Championships. The next test will come in the Sydney 10km Road Race where I will have a lighter load for a few days. This afternoon a run with the dog at low tide on the beach. Sunday long run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024