Windy Recovery Day 18km : Half Marathon Week Reflections

50kph winds on the coast today again, snowing in the mountains. I went to the beach for a wade in the water. No morning run, a recovery day of sorts, I ran 18km in the afternoon when the wind died down, 121km for the week. Next Sunday is my first of two Half Marathons this autumn, both in Canberra. I'm ready to race and just need to keep the legs turning over this week, it took a long time to get in this shape of readiness. Having two brutal races in the wonderful World XC at Bathurst in February I lost my base fitness during the recovery...another taper and racing at Australian Masters Athletics Championships...more recovery needed. In late March I finally put together a few big training weeks. I started to feel great in training. I'll try to build the form into those high volume weeks all the way until mid-July.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024