ACTVAC Track : Opening Night

Loads of folk out there tonight on a nice, almost balmy evening. I only turned up for the late event so missed most of the meet...did catch up with Lance and Emma back from OS although not as much as I would have liked to...maybe on Saturday at brunch.

In the late 3000m/5000m Lance did yet another PB after doing the early 3000m, 800m in around 2:19, 17:50 5000m...he is on fire. The sky is the limit this season. Lance may be surprised, I will not.

Of me: I had a day off with the knee yesterday, hammered it with ice,ice,ice, massage, rolling pin, more massage, stretching and anti-inflams...all was good this evening. Jogged from home and back to the track, some strides. Did a very relaxed 3000m at 3:15/km or 9:45 pace although jogged the last lap trying to avoid lapping the two ahead, think I did it anyway...something in the 9:50s. Best to be safe and fight again on Saturday.

Of sorrow: I will take some pictures tmoz, post them here and put this awful week (Melbourne aside)behind me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

secret blog for killing track and Parkrun PBs Sunday 8th February ; active recovery. congratulations to all who did get around the course in somethimes challenging conditions. and bagged some well deserved medals.