ACTVAC Track : Opening Night

Loads of folk out there tonight on a nice, almost balmy evening. I only turned up for the late event so missed most of the meet...did catch up with Lance and Emma back from OS although not as much as I would have liked to...maybe on Saturday at brunch.

In the late 3000m/5000m Lance did yet another PB after doing the early 3000m, 800m in around 2:19, 17:50 5000m...he is on fire. The sky is the limit this season. Lance may be surprised, I will not.

Of me: I had a day off with the knee yesterday, hammered it with ice,ice,ice, massage, rolling pin, more massage, stretching and anti-inflams...all was good this evening. Jogged from home and back to the track, some strides. Did a very relaxed 3000m at 3:15/km or 9:45 pace although jogged the last lap trying to avoid lapping the two ahead, think I did it anyway...something in the 9:50s. Best to be safe and fight again on Saturday.

Of sorrow: I will take some pictures tmoz, post them here and put this awful week (Melbourne aside)behind me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024