Strides : 6 x 200m

Made the most of the noon sun and the wind to continue getting the body ready for some hard track training in the next weeks. Just Heidze, Maria and myself. With three golfers and a touch footy match in progress best we could find was a flat, straight 200m section, with the wind of course. 4 x 100m, 6 x 200m (Heidze was quicker than me in 3 of them:-). While I went back to work the girls had a coffee j.

On the coast Keith did a set of 300s all in the mid 50s.

After work Bella and I ran for another hour or so. That clocks up my third big week, 125km ave. Will be keeping the mileage up until Sunday or Monday, then reduce the volume very quickly in preparation of the Coffee Club 10km. Normally it would take longer to taper but three big weeks leaves me much less fatigued than the normal 6-8 week block.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024