Taper Mode 10000m

On Tuesday I was out at the track for a final tempo run over 2000m before tonight and the ACTVAC 10000m Championships. Ran it how I hope to run the race tonight, an 80 second lap then under until I get 100m or more in front of 33:20 schedule, then staying relaxed for as long as possible, keeping good form and eventually fighting for a good time. The 2000m tempo was 6:24

Maria and Kathy also at track on Tuesday, Helen on coast still. Kathy 4 x 200m in 42. Maria 4 x 200m in 42 and a 1000m tempo in 3:49 paced by me.

I have had a niggle in the foot. There was no pain on Tuesday and it ensured in looking after the niggle I hit my taper. Weight is 56kg which is roughly where I was in December. I was 1kg lighter a couple of weeks ago. Will aim to get back there in the next week or so if the foot is willing.

The race tonight? Not sure if I get any help or how many I have to lap. 32 degrees and some wind this afternoon. Hope the wind dies down and the temperature drops a little. If not I have planned to get some help at the water table, cup of water on the head every lap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024