Annecy Taper Week : Day 1

Early morning run on Champs Elysees (5am), just as the merry who hadn't paired up were thinking about heading home. Only 30 minutes, felt great.

Six hour drive to Annecy, needed a nap after a walk around the old town...tourists everywhere. Managed another 50 minutes in the early evening, ran too quick...the pressure of commuter racing. I'll be up early tmoz for some sort of hit-out. If I don't feel great I'll leave it until the next day. I need one very hard effort 7 days before my first race, final semi-hard effort no more or less than 3 days before my first race, the cross country in World Masters Athletic Championships. Some sort of fartlek, some strides and easy running will fill the gaps. Volume must reduce below 85km last 7 days before cross country race, down from 130km+ in previous 7 months. Volume is currently on 107km last 7 days. It will be easy to get to the right level without backing off too much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024