Stromlo XC Intervals : 4 x 800m

Up early to avoid work traffic. Pea souper fog again, minus 2 overnight, warmed to 1.7 degrees by the time I started and stayed there.

The set: 2500m warm up, 4 x 100m strides with jog back recovery (too cold to walk), 1000m jog, 4 x 800m with 200m float recovery in 60 seconds, 4000m warm down. Splits: 2:38, 2:35, 2:35, 2:33. That's the best I've done using this type of set, on XC surface with a 200m hill. Again felt great but pulled up with sore groin post session. I was planning two long recovery run days so that locks it in. I should be right for a session on Thursday and definitely do around midday when the weather is warmer.

Today's set I usually do just before a 5000m race along with a quicker step down. I've got confidence a sub-16 minute 5000m is possible now. My May and June road races all went though 5000m in under 16:10 so there wasn't much work to do to get there. I'll find out in a month or so if all goes well.

My daily routine is up early for the session, then French TV watching delay of Tour de France in French with Bella the Border Collie. I wish I was there already but I'm not...better make the most of the final day in Paris at Sevres and on Champs Elysees.

This afternoon an easy 20 minutes, still on 130km last 7 days but now coming down slowly.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024