Keith in Bemboka : Stromlo XC Long Recovery Run with strides

Yesterday Keith did his 6,5,4,3,2,1 minute efforts (along with 100m strides) in terrible conditions. Cold, windy, wet, hail. Shows the discipline required to be a consistent trainer and performer.

Yesterday for me (similar conditions, not as bad) a long recovery run of 80 minutes. Tripped on a stone (again), managed not to break my fingers).

Today out to Stromlo after the minus 6 turned into full sunshine but still cold. Ran 17km, last 2km included 4 x 100m (+/- 18 seconds) and 4 x 200m (+/- 36seconds), all with 100m float recovery. Being end of the run I didn't feel very sharp. Rounded off the day with a 7 minute jog with Bella the Border Collie.

Tomorrow the usual Stromlo set. I'm starting later than usual, minus 6 far too cold to run as quick as I want to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024