ACT Masters Track Week 2 : 3000m ; Steve 3 x 600m

Weather windy, a little cooler this week. Again running the early race in the worst conditions. It's 6 months until Australian Masters Athletics Championships. Nothing important on the near horizon.

Field for the 3000m was very good, especially in the females. KT, Leanne, another KT. I was late on the warm up leaving from work rushed. 15 minute warm up, 5 x 100m strides (last two timed, 16.2,15.2). 3000m first kilometre 3:17, 10:10 to finish. Felt good.

Steve ran 3 x 600m efforts in the morning at Stromlo. Splits: 1:55,1:52,1:53. Recovering from last weeks hilly 10km Run With The Wind.

Busy weekend of running with Stromlo session tomorrow, ACT Masters XC 7km handicap on Sunday. It will be my first longer effort since World Masters Athletics Championships.

I've now run 3 weeks at 120km+ average. It's usually 6 weeks until I'm running really well again...half way there. Last 7 days 125km.

Way back in 1990 I was in Norway and on my way to Sweden in Goteborg, site of the World Masters Athletics Championships 2022. I stopped along the way and free camped with a nice view high above the fjords. With a little help from Google maps I pinned down the exact location (give or take 200 metres).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024