World Masters Athletics Championships 2018 1500m M55-59 ; Steve 3 x 1500m

Steve this morning 3 x 1500m efforts at Stromlo XC Circuit, all un-timed. Warm down was done at a near by Parkrun.

I ran easy for 65 minutes including 5 x 100m strides. An easy run later in the day made it 17km. I should be back at normal volume of 120km this week. Still around two weeks until I start structured training. Tomorrow a longer run of 85 minutes.

Took a while to extract and compile videos from Facebook. Shot using camera phone in portrait, finish straight only. Heat 2 and final. Also some great semi final 1500m photos from Shaggy.

I remember back to arriving in Paris and discovering my training track only a short jog from the apartment. I was excited I could train for 1500m and 5000m events. I was surprised the running form and fitness came back so quick. It was an awful winter in Canberra. It was a perfect autumn in Paris. Looking back the running feeling I had in the 5000m and 1500m semi-final was the best I had during the championships. Looking forward to running more middle distance championship races in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024