Long Run 17km ; Track Season begins with 1500m

Yesterday a long recovery run of 17km. I was worried the rain would wash it out but no such thing as it passed by home to the west and east. Today was warm and sunny.

Track season began today. With the fire damage the meet was a low key 'çome and try it' night. No proper timing, race clock and such. I used as a training session.

The set: Warm up, 4 x 100m strides (18,17,16,15), 2 x 200m strides (33,32), 1500m 4:46, warm down. Weather warm and windy blowing Kapoc tree fluff all over the track. This phenomenon usually lasts a week or two in October every year. Not healthy for running lungs. I wore a hat and sunglasses to protect the eyes. Nothing I could do about the lungs. Times were on the very slow side.

Steve ran 3 x 1500m at Stromlo, all in 5:14. Splits through 500m were 1:39,1:42,1:43.

I'll step the training up this weekend. I may even get out to the track on Sunday for a sneaky session on my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024