Australian Masters Athletics Championships Day 1 : 10000m Track Preview

Today my first race of four in four days, the 10000m track (1500m,5000m,8000m XC to come). I'm most likely the youngest runner in the male field, the race will age from 60+. The female 10000m is on immediately before the males. The younger males are racing after us. We are competing on the warm up track adjacent to the main stadium. The remainder of my track races will be in the main stadium. It looks to be another sunny, warm day. I'll watch the 800m races at the warm up track in the afternoon. In the evening the Sydney Track Classic will be on in the main stadium. I'll stick around and watch some of that too.
So for today in the 10000m I had a good look at any age records on offer. I'm in good enough shape to challenge them, although I will be running in lanes 2-3 for most of the race while lapping runners. I won't be thinking about the 1500m race I have the following day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024