Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2023 Wrap

Aside from some cuts and bruises from a fall in the cross country yesterday I'm good to go for another year of base training, parkruns and the odd race. Racing this Championships improved my race form thoughout the weekend. I felt great during the 1500m and 5000m races with no niggles to speak of. It was a struggle picking myself back up after the grueling and wonderful World Masters XC Championships in Bathurst. What should have been a fortnight of leg speed intervals leading into the AMA Championships became a fortnight of recovery. Lack of top end speed was an issue in the short races this weekend.
I only have 2 races scheduled for the 2023 Winter. A May half marathon in Canberra. A July 11km road race in Sydney. I'm looking forward to Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024 in Hobart, Tas and possibly World Masters Athletics Championships 2024 in Gothenburg Sweden. Today I was back to full volume base training of around 120km/week. When Saturday morning temperature is around 12 degrees celsius I'll look to begin some quick Parkruns again. It's still very warm on the coast although morning light is on the dark side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024