AMA Championships Cross Country

A cool morning and not much wind about at Stromlo for the cross country. Four circuits of the relentless 2000m loop for both male and female.

The female race had lots of depth again with some great tussles to fight out the medals. Lisa Davis pulled away from Robyn Basman mid-race to be first over the line. Of us: Helen a silver in W50 and Maria a bronze in W55. Our friends Michelle, Kym and Katie all in the medals.

The men similar in depth with all of the younger ages competing in the same race. Darren Peacock (M35) and I had a very quick first loop with lots of surges. 3:03 for the first km, 6:15 at 2km had the finish order sorted and not anything I could do but chase for the next 6km. In the end Darren had 90 metres on me (26:53) and I had put in my biggest effort all weekend by a long way...100% commitment (although my ast was only marginally my best...the fatigue of three big races). My time of 27:12 was the quickest I had ever run the cross country at AMA championships by 20 seconds or so. Brendan Whelan was 3rd across the line.  John Jago and Terry Burgess filled out the minor placings in M50. Steve was 4th in M40.






Comments

David said…
More congrats Bruce, that was a mighty fine time for 8K XC
strewth said…
Wow - congratulations on another awesome result!
SBx said…
Thanx for you kind words...twas a fun weekend on home soil never to be repeated!

Popular posts from this blog

Long Intervals

Surf Beach Tempo Run 14km ; Training Plan, Racing Update Australian Masters Athletics Championships 2024